Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Till we meet again at Home

Specially dedicated to a special man in my life

6 Sept 2008 ...

I hold them in my hands,

So cold, so pale.

The coldness of the palm told me,

No amount of warm tears,

could bring back the temperature of the hands again,

no amount of calling,

would make ur eyes open and look at me again,

no amount of grief n brokenness,

can make the sound of heart thumping to be heard again.

I bowed down,

For the last time i speak to you face to face,

“Pa, I will take good care of mum and sis.
I will be a daughter that will do you proud.
We shall meet again in heaven, ok?
A promise.”

For the last time i pray for you,

“God, i am surrendering this man into ur loving hands.
Bring him to a place free of suffering and pain.
Take him home, a place to where he belongs.”

Last kiss, last goodbye.


8 Sept 2008 ...

Last journey,

I completed it with you till the very end.

The body turns to dust and past will be carried away by wind,

But the soul has finally found his eternal shelter to rest.

That evening, it rained.

Rain that reminded me that its time to wash away sorrow and tears,

And start on a journey without you.

“You are a joyful man, your daughter wouldn’t be too bad either.”


Yet the heart that misses will always remain.


One day, i know,

I will meet both my Fathers again at Home.

7 comments:

jhmh said...

Lots of love... I am encouraged by your courage ;-) Our hope is in the Lord.

jimandthesinginghamster said...

Stay strong in the Lord. Though the roads may seem tough, though it will seem impossible, though it will take time, the Lord still loves you and the Lord is still your God no matter what happens. God will always be God. Psalm 46:10. Be still and know that I am God. Take care my dearest Pei Ling. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pei Ling,

So sorry to hear about your dad. However, I'm very encouraged to hear such positive responses in your blog! Never stop trusting Him!

Brian Chee said...

Dearest Pei Ling,

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing and I grieve with you. I will never know the pain and grief that you are going through, but yet in the midst of it, I can sense that God is starting to form in you the kind of brokenness and dependence that He longs to fill.

I am really moved by the hope that you have chosen to engage this death with, and I believe that it is a real encouragement for all of us. According to your faith, let it be done. Indeed, we grieve but not as people without hope. And truly, we place a great hope ahead of us in the power of the resurrection of Christ, and indeed one day we shall be united with one another once again in God's Kingdom.

Keep on fighting ya, Pei Ling. Press on in the love, hope and faith of God in your life. Blessings, Pei Ling.

Helen Pang said...

Dearest Peiling,
I am very encouraged with your faith and courage. From the smile and the hug you gave me on the first day you were back to the church, I know God would pour His blessings on you for what you have honoured him. In every difficult situation, always know that we are covered under His wings. May you always be jovial, still remember joy in the Christ?

Elsha Liew said...

Dear Pei Ling, as a junior and seeing you bearing up under the pain and hardships that have come your way, I am heartened by your godly example in trusting Him so fully.

Indeed we have a hope to cling on to, knowing we will one day meet our loved ones and the one true Lover in a home far better than the world we live in now.

"Take heart. Be strong and take heart for I have overcome the world," says the Lord.

*hugs* May you always know peace in His arms.

Poirot1989 said...

My sincere condolences. Hope all is well.

Regards,
Jian Wei