Monday, October 22, 2007

I will be back

To some, its merely a structure with roof on top to let u take shelter from the changing weather, a place to let u rest and take a nap, a place where there are tv and foods available abundantly, a place where u can hear the naggings of old folks with siblings bugging you all day long...

But trust me, its more than that.

Yes, its a shelter, a shelter for a vulnerable heart.
Yes, its a place of rest, a place of rest for a weary soul.
Yes, it provides entertainment, but in the form of laughter and encouragement that makes the worn out engine to keep moving on.
A place of nagging and bugging, where words fused with love and care replenish one's heart to let you hear your own heartbeat once again...

Some said, you won't know how much a thing matters to you until you lose it.
It's old-fashioned rite?But its true...

Stepping in, the same settings, the same atmosphere, the same face, the same smile.

I know, im home...

A place where i can put down my burdens, my worries, my armour. I am myself and i know the people in this little world love me for who i am.

When i'm cold, there is someone to put a blanket on me.
When i'm hurt, there will be a pair of hands to gently apply balm on my wound.
When i'm tired, there will be a voice saying, " Just close ur eyes n lean on me."

In this small little space, maybe not even a grain of sand compare to the vast universe, i found the thing that i have been seeking for all this while.
Holding the ticket in my hands, i know, i have to leave again.
Staring into her eyes, i saw her anxiety. No much words uttered, just a simple

"Be careful."

I never realised how much worries and care have been added into this two simple words, but the warmth had melt my heart, making it even fluidity than it could be when it comes to mix with the tears dwelling in it.

No matter how far i traveled, how much i achieved, how high i soar, i know this is the place where i truly belong.






Looking out from the window,my heart whispered,


I will be back

4 comments:

Purple_mandy said...

yo.. i totally agree with u.. home is a place where we truly belong to... no matter where our path of life will lead us to, home is still our root... nothing can replace the sense of belonging and the simple yet unique love from family..
however, we still have to strike a balance in life... this is the aim that i'm struggling to achieve.. r u?? cheers~~ love and support ur post.

HeartzOfGold said...

lovely. reali lovely. amazing joyce, your style of writing. it's just plain beauty. amazed at times.

once i used to missed home a lot. reali did. but i realized, the more you miss home, the worse things can become at wherever you are.

what i did, was not to stop missing home, but to learn to look forward to homecoming. the return, like a return of a prodigal son, like a return of a soldier away from war, is priceless.

learning not to die to go home, but to appreciate the moments i spend while at home, and to look forward eagerly to returning to a place where i can feel safe, secure, and loved.

but come to think bout it,

i miss home too.

Sihan said...

Wow, your post really impresses me....

i wonder how long should I practise before I can actually write like you....

Undeniably home is very important to all of us but to me, home is not only confined to our hometown, direct kins, family....

To me, when all of us have the cahnce to sit down together, under one roof. that's home.

We can actually find home everywhere...find the solace, love and care....

Peiling said...

Thanks ya for all the support,really appreciate that...

Yeah home is always the best no matter where we are yet missing home will only make us even more miserable n uncontented to what we have now.
But what thing that im really grateful for and thank Lord for it is although he made me stay away from home,he gave me a family here in this new place.
And u know what,i really love my family here which are my friends,my comrades who will alwaysz fight along wif me :)